If you experience any difficulty in accessing the Baroness Hotel web site, please do not hesitate to contact us at 800-283-6453 for assistance.
The Baroness Hotel is committed to furthering the accessibility and usability of its website, baronesshotel.com. The Baroness Hotel will be using the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA ("WCAG 2.0 AA") to guide its compliance. The relevant portions of WCAG 2.0 AA will serve as our primary web accessibility standard, though other standards may also be used to provide accessibility to the extent required by the Americans with Disabilities Act ("ADA"). Our website will be tested on a periodic basis in accordance with these standards in an effort to ensure accessibility. Some of the testing methods used may include assistive technology such as screen readers and screen magnifiers.
Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. If, at any time, you have specific questions or concerns about the accessibility of any particular webpage on baronesshotel.com or any of our other destination websites, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you encounter an accessibility issue, please be sure to specify the particular web page in your email, and we will make all reasonable efforts to make that page accessible for you. If you prefer to call someone to address your concerns, please reach out to us at 800.283.6453.
The Baroness Hotel is an historic hotel, built in 1931, as an apartment-hotel building in the residential Seattle neighborhood called First Hill. Part of the Virginia Mason Seattle Hospital, the Baroness Hotel offers a caring environment to patients and their families and an affordable option for budget travelers. The original guest rooms in the hotel have not been altered. We are happy to outline accessible items that are available to our guests in the following information.
· Baroness Hotel does not have accessible guest rooms at this time.
· All guest room bathrooms are equipment with a grab bar in the tub. We also provide toilet seat risers, shower chairs and hand held shower heads upon request at no additional cost.
· The Baroness has a 3 minute loading/unloading zone at its main entry. Ramps to access the main entry are located on the west and east ends of the building.
· The Baroness utilizes the self-parking options of Virginia Mason Hospital. Accessible parking is available in the Buck Pavilion Parking Garage (on the west end of the hospital campus). Please note The Virginia Mason Hospital Buck Pavilion Parking Garage entrance is located one city block from the Baroness Hotel main entry. It is a steep hill and if assistance is needed to return to the Inn, Virginia Mason Hospital Security will assist with a ride. Please call the front desk at 800-283-6453. Accessible vehicles can also utilize street parking based on their vehicle permits.
· The main entrance to the Baroness has an automatic front door opener. If the front door is locked and you do not have your room key, please call the front desk at 800-283-6453 to allow you access to this entry point.
· The guest check-in/reception area is equipped with a partially lowered desk.
· The Baroness elevator servicing the guest room floors (2 - 6) is NOT handicap accessible. The elevator has two doors, one of which must be manually opened with a door knob.
· The Business Center is located on the lobby level and in a sufficiently open area to access by wheelchair.
· Guide dogs and service animals are welcome and must accompany guests at all times.
· Staff will read printed/visual information to guests who are blind or have low vision.